Ensure fire safety in your workplace with comprehensive fire warden training. This course covers the role of fire wardens, conducting site checks and equipment inspections, and executing fire drills.
In the year ending March 2022, 12,939 non-residential buildings caught fire which made up for 20% of total fires.
Staying vigilant around the causes of fire and having trained professionals in every building can save lives. This course plays a vital role in the workplace and it's essential for everyone to understand the fire warden’s role.
Who is this for?
Fire Warden Training is often carried out by staff members with more responsibility as they'll have to carry out regular checks and run fire drills in the event of a fire.
The 'Fire Warden Training - Online Course' covers the following key topics:
- Role of a Fire Warden: Understand the responsibilities and duties of a fire warden in ensuring fire safety and emergency preparedness.
- Weekly Site Checks: Learn how to conduct regular inspections to identify potential fire hazards, ensure compliance with safety protocols, and address any issues promptly.
- Site Equipment Inspections: Gain knowledge on inspecting fire safety equipment such as extinguishers, alarms, and emergency lighting to ensure they are functional and in good working condition.
- Fire Drill Execution: Learn how to plan, coordinate, and conduct fire drills effectively, including evacuation procedures, communication protocols, and post-drill assessments for continuous improvement.
By completing the 'Fire Warden Training - Online Course', participants will gain the following benefits for their business:
- Enhanced Fire Safety: Train fire wardens to keep your establishment safe from fire hazards and respond effectively in emergencies.
- Quick Emergency Response: Fire wardens learn to act swiftly during fires, guiding evacuations and ensuring efficient communication.
- Flexible Training: Staff can conveniently complete their training at their own pace, minimising disruption to operations.
Test and Certification:
At the end of the course you will be given a test of 20 multiple choice questions. The required pass rate is 85%.
You will be able to download and print (if required) a digital certificate on completion of the course.
Main course certificates last 3 years. (Refresher courses are available and recommended every 12 months).
All our courses have been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Main Course: Approximately 50 minutes (excluding time taken for the final exams).